Wednesday, October 5, 2011

About Me

I'm a (almost) 30 year old in Massachusetts. Married for 5 years to a wonderful man. I'm a graphic designer and I love it. And I'm a super-taster. If you have any questions about what a super-taster is, wikipedia sums it up pretty well. Check out their page at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster. Also, a web search will bring up many other resources.

I wanted to start a community for other super-tasters where we can all share our experiences, suggestions and support. It's not an easy way to live, and for most of us, the other 75% of the population just doesn't understand. So I was hoping to find others that would.
There are many things I can't eat, most of which I'll share as time goes on.

If you're reading this, you're probably just like me. Sick of being called picky eaters, being told "It's not that spicy" or "You can't even taste the ______ in it." What they don't know is that we can taste everything in it. And specific things are worse than others.

I didn't know why I couldn't eat or drink certain things until a few years ago when I heard the term Super-Taster. The more research I did, the more I realized how exactly it described my situation.

Please, feel free to comment and share. I welcome the support, as I'm sure others will. We're all in this together and it couldn't hurt to make some friends along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment