Saturday, October 15, 2011

Blasted Dental Hygiene!

Possibly a little too much information, but I don't floss. I don't know why; I just never have. Probably because I am pretty lazy, and it's just not at the top of my importance list. My dentist has been bugging me forever. Once she realized I just wasn't going to do it, she told me to mouthwash every day instead. I had never really used it much before that, but I went for it, and I am glad to say I do every day.
Anyway. the reason I never did was because it made me feel like my mouth was on fire. Everyone always talks about how it burns, but it never seemed to be to the extreme that I felt it. But I plowed through it. Four years of using it every day has definitely numbed the sensation, but some days it really does bother me.
I was in heaven the day I discovered alcohol free mouthwash. I still don't like mint very much (but that's a story for a different day), but I can deal for keeping my mouth clean. Unfortunately after the first bottle, my husband complained that his mouth didn't feel as clean. So now we've switched back to the one with the alcohol in it. I'm considering getting my own bottle at this point. I really hate it, but to keep my teeth in my mouth, I suppose it's a small price to pay.
I was checking them out at Target and was glad to see that almost every major mouthwash brand also makes an alcohol free version. I'm used to the Act Restore brand, and as a creature of habit, that's what I'll stick with. If you have a mouthwash of choice, check and see if they have an alcohol free version. It's definitely worth it. Especially if you have a problem with it like I do. Anyone have any recommendations or preferences they'd like to share?

1 comment:

  1. Of utilizing holistic Treatment options consists of many pure and as well valuable treatments which will have the body to the well-balanced express, free from ailment. Such treatments works extremely well alone or possibly, a lot more amazingly, with each other.Kyäni

    ReplyDelete