Sunday, October 9, 2011

Mmm...Pizza

I love pizza. Then again, I don't know many people that don't. But it has always been a struggle. As a kid, pizza parties always consisted of a cheese and a pepperoni. I always gravitated towards the cheese, since I couldn't eat the pepperoni. But even those that loved pepperoni ate the cheese first. If I didn't get in there early, I didn't get to eat. Everyone always told me to just pick the pepperoni off and it'd be fine, but it's not fine. the taste still remains on the pizza even without the slices.
I used to only eat cheese or hawaiian. I've gotten a bit more adventurous as I've grown older, but not much. I still prefer straight cheese, but I enjoy the occasional mushroom and onion (and believe me, it took me a long time to be able to eat onions) or hawaiian. One of my new favorites, though has become chicken, bacon and ranch, because really, who doesn't like bacon and ranch dressing?
It's still an ordeal when I order with a group, though. Inevitably someone wants pepperoni or sausage or peppers or something else I can't have. Usually we end up with two or more, so there will be at least one that I can have. But I'm almost always shorted on slices.
Tonight for dinner both my brothers-in-law were over and we agreed to order pizzas. Luckily, the place we ordered from only makes individual size bar pizzas, so everyone gets their own pizza with whatever they want on it. Of course I ordered extra cheese. If you're from the Randolph area, you've heard of Linwood's. It's a dive bar that only serves beer and pizza, and they're fantastic.
We don't order from there very often, mainly because they don't deliver and they only take cash. So I always forget that they put a piece of green pepper in the center of every pizza, no matter what kind you ordered. Like most super-tasters, I can't have green peppers. My husband loves them, though, so I pick it off and give it to him. Unfortunately, though, every first bite of every slice tastes like peppers. Because the pizza is so delicious, I tend to plow right through, and after a couple of bites, I've gotten the taste out of my mouth. But the pizzas are small, so the slices are small, and it's not long before I have to taste it again. 
Hopefully, now that I'm writing this down, I'll remember to ask for it without in the future. If any of you decide to order Linwood's, I'm passing this along so you'll know to ask for it without the pepper. It just goes to show you, though, even though you think you know what you're ordering, you may sometimes get something you don't expect.

1 comment:

  1. All natural Remedies entails a wide array of normal as well as sensible treatments which could deliver one's body here we are at a new nicely balanced express, without any ailment. These kind of treatments can be employed on it's own as well as, even more incredibly, in concert.Kyäni

    ReplyDelete